martes, 15 de junio de 2010

About.com Health: For the Guys in Your Life

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


From Kristin Kane, your About Health Editor
If I give my dad another golf shirt for Father's Day, I'm pretty sure he'll be able to outfit the PGA Tour. Instead, taking inspiration from the fact that it's National Men's Health Week, I'm going to give him something a lot more valuable -- all the support I can to live his healthiest life. 'Good daughter' points and easy on my wallet. Nice.

More Zzzs, Please
Working on his new business late into the night, he needs help making #10 on this list a priority. Come 8 p.m. when I visit this Sunday, I'm standing in front of his computer keyboard as if I am a bouncer.

Refrigerator Redo
My dad has keen kitchen senses -- if it hits the fridge, I give it about 3.5 seconds before it's on his radar. I'm giving that ice box a healthy makeover to make his munching a little easier on his waistline.

Tests He Should Get (Nudge, Nudge)
Go ahead -- call me a buttinski. It's all for good! I want my old man around long enough to enjoy his grandkids...and I know he's been anxiously waiting to see my reaction when one paints the other with cake frosting like I did when I was five. (Sorry again about that.)

Fitness Gifts Under $50
OK. This is all very noble. But sometimes a man just wants a big ole present. Here, some health-promoting gifts for the giving. Yes, this is a hint: Step away from the neck ties.

 


Health Ads
Featured Articles
Follow About.com Health on Twitter!
Treating Poison Ivy
5 Exercises to Stengthen Your Back
Is Your Short Child Growing Normally?
Hard Facts About Lung Cancer
Dental Emergency! Hospital or Dentist?

 

More from About.com

Plan a Unique Vegas Wedding
The minister, music and champagne are just the beginning -- why not get married aboard a helicopter or have a pirate swing in to deliver your rings? Arrrr! More>



Join About.com's User Panel!
Share your opinions and help us make About.com more relevant, informative and enjoyable to use. More>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Health newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 


Readers Speak Out
First Period Experiences
Coping With a Loved One's PTSD
"Worst Headache I've Ever Had"

Advertisement

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Seguidores

Archivo del blog