martes, 6 de abril de 2010

About.com Health: The Season for Sneezin'

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


From Kristin Kane, your About Health Editor
My fellow editors can always tell when spring allergy season is upon us. I, along with my next-desk neighbor, start our very own sniffling and sneezing symphony. Maybe that's the reason why they sat us both in the back of the office.

Hello, Hay Fever
Those spring flowers look innocent, don't they? The truth is there's no stopping them when it comes to their mission to help me break the record for most consecutive ah-choos. (My immune system seems to be in cahoots, too.)

Sweet, Sweet Relief
Good thing I have a few options at my disposal to fight the flowers (and the trees, and the grass) and their evil ways.

Find an Allergist Near You
I came to discover what treatment worked best for me only after I saw an allergist. I now consider mine such a life saver that I'm thinking of inviting him to my wedding. (Well, almost.)

All About Allergy Shots
If the medications I was prescribed didn't do the trick, my next step was allergy shots. Though more painful than just popping a pill, they work to fix what triggers an allergy in the first place -- not just mask or temporarily prevent symptoms.

 


Health Ads
Featured Articles
Symptoms of Prostate Cancer
Face Lifts: Before & After
Myths About HIV
Is it Asperger Syndrome?
Kids and Night Terrors
What Abnormal Pap Results Mean

 

More from About.com

Disney Trip Planner
Everything you need to plan the perfect Disney vacation -- from when to go and what to do, to saving money and picking a hotel. More >

Join About.com's User Panel!
Share your opinions and help us make make About.com more relevant, informative and enjoyable to use. More>


 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Health newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 


Reader to Reader
Exercising When You Have Arthritis
Pregnancy Test Experiences
Anxiety About Public Speaking

Advertisement

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Seguidores

Archivo del blog