martes, 19 de junio de 2012

About.com Health: What's Bugging You?

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


From Heather Watkins, your About.com Health Editor
Even as a grown adult, I still get nervous about bugs. I've gotten better about not screaming my head off every time I see one, though. Instead, I calmly walk over (okay, I run) to my husband and politely ask him to deal with the terrifying creature that's clearly out to get me.

Bee Sting Allergy
Bee stings are one of the most feared aspects of summer (it's not just me, is it?). What scares me, at least, is not so much the pain of the sting itself, but the potential allergic reaction. Dr. Daniel More, our Guide to Allergies, explains what to do should you or someone you know suffer an allergic reaction to a sting. Read more...
See More About:  allergy shots  allergy testing  allergist

Is it a Spider Bite?
In the majority of cases, no. It's very difficult to confirm a spider bite as the cause of a wound, given that lots of toxic bugs cause the same symptoms. There are some signs that might help clue you in, but really, the best bet is to see a doctor. Read more...
See More About:  spider bites  bug bites  outdoor first aid

How to Remove a Tick
If you're a fan of the outdoors, it's possible you could come into contact with a tick. Here's how to make sure they don't take up permanent residence in your body. Read more...
See More About:  bug bites  outdoor first aid  lyme disease

Sleep Tight, Don't Let the Bed Bugs Bite
My parents used to tell me this when they tucked me into bed as a kid, and I assumed it was just a cutesy rhyme. Turns out it's an all too real thing to worry about, and I've become a bit obsessive about checking hotel room mattresses for signs of these insidious little buggers. Read more...

 


Health Ads
Featured Articles
What is the BRAT Diet?
Meditate to Live Longer
Marijuana Withdrawal Symptoms
Portion Size Mistakes
Should I Exercise When I'm Sore?
How Not to Dread a Colonoscopy

 

More from About.com

Bake Sale Bestsellers
Make your next bake sale a profitable one with these irresistible recipes. More>



Real Recipes app
Download our highly-rated app for free recipes and kitchen tools, for iPhone and iPod Touch. More>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Health newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2012 About.com
 


Follow us on:
Twitter
Facebook

Advertisement

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Seguidores

Archivo del blog