martes, 17 de abril de 2012

About.com Health: Race You to the Finish Line!

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


From Heather Watkins, your About Health Editor
I ran my first 5K race this past weekend, which was an exciting accomplishment. I even managed to hit my goal time! I don't think I'll be running the Boston Marathon anytime soon (congrats to all of yesterday's runners) but I've got to say, it feels good. What are you waiting for? Lace up your sneakers!

Training for Your First 5K
This program has you alternate bouts of running and walking, gradually increasing the running time over several weeks until you can run all 3.1 miles without stopping. That's how I trained, and it really made it pretty easy.

Half-Marathon Training
Maybe you're a little more ambitious than me and you want to run a half-marathon, like my friend Kate did a couple weekends ago (she ran that, and then also ran the 5K with me a week later. The girl is nuts). This training program will get you to 13.1 miles in no time.

Mental Tips for Marathon Running
I've heard it time and time again: Running is all mental. A marathon has plenty of challenges, so keeping your head in the race will help you stay focused and reach the finish line.

Avoid these Pre-Race Mistakes
It's almost race day! Make sure your hard work pays off by following these tips for the day before. And good luck!

 


Health Ads
Featured Articles
What Causes Seizures?
Fiber and Longevity
Understanding Medical Test Results
Why We Faint
Best Sunglasses for Golfing
Doctor Visits with Your Preemie

 

More from About.com

Financial Emergencies
An unexpected change in your financial situation can be incredibly stressful. Here's how to cope. More>



Retirement Planning
Learn the top five things you need to do in order to start building a retirement nest egg. More>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Health newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2012 About.com
 


Follow us on:
Twitter
Facebook

Advertisement

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Seguidores

Archivo del blog